The Award in Communication Cabling helps develop the knowledge and skills required to become effective in the installation of communication cables and connecting to relevant systems.
The Level 2 Awards in Communications Cabling are suitable for those interested in becoming communication cabling installers or those currently doing the job and seeking certification.
Students: Minimum = 6, Maximum = 10
Duration: 5 Days
Pre-Requisites: Mostly suitable for electricians, data communications cabling installers, network cabling technicians and people looking for new employment opportunities in this area.
Requirement: A form of ID, i.e. Passport, Drivers License etc., and PPS Number.
Why you should attend: This course would be suited to anyone who wishes to move into a career focusing on fibre optic cabling, splicing and jointing.
- Installation and Communication Standards required for Telecommunications Equipment
- Commissioning Test Process
- Diagnostic test and fault resolution
- Customer service implications of network interruptions
- Preventative Maintenance in the access network
- Installation and repair work
- Maintain and update information system database
- Systematic and logical fault location.
Certification: Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate in Communications Cabling from City & Guilds.
NOTE: Payment must be made in full or at minimum 50% of payment must be receieved before booking can be confirmed. If course is cancelled by Celtic Safety Training, a full refund is issued. For cancellation made by students within 5 days of course start date, no refund can be given. Cancellations made by the student more than 5 days before the course start date, 50% refund only. Deposits cannot be refunded.