Description: This 5-day Safety Representative course is to promote and maintain safety and health in the workplace. The safety representative course outlines the roles and functions of a Health and Safety Representative.
Students on the course: Minimum = 4 Maximum = 16
Duration: 3 days
Pre-Requisites: None. Mainly directed towards those who are appointed as safety representatives within the company.
Requirements: A form of ID, i.e. Passport, Drivers License & PPS Number.
Why you should attend: If you have been appointed as a Safety Rep of a company, it is required to attend such a course to ensure that the role you are carrying out is fully understood so as you can carry out your role most efficiently and effectively.
Course Content: There are 9 Modules that will be covered in the training, which are:
- Safety & Health Legal System
- Role of Safety Rep and Safety Committee Meeting
- Communication Skills for Safety Committee
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Preparing & Implementing the Safety Statement
- Carrying out Safety Inspections
- Accident Investigation & Recording & Analysis
- Sources of Safety & Health Information
- Risk Controls & Safety Management Systems
Certification: Successful candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Competence in Safety Representative Training.
NOTE: Payment must be made in full or else deposit of 25% must be received before booking can be confirmed. If course is cancelled by Celtic Safety Training, a full refund is issued. For cancellation made by students within 5 days of course start date, no refund can be given. Cancellations made by the student more than 5 days before the course start date, 50% refund only. Deposits cannot be refunded.