Description: This 3-day Occupational First Aid cours will provide the learner with practical skills as well as the knowledge required to carry out first aid on someone who requires urgent medical attention, while waiting for further help to arrive onto the scene.
Students on the Course: Minimum = 4, Maximum = 10
Duration: 3 Days
Why you should attend: To gain a comprehensive knowledge of First Aid, which could help save a life.
Course Content: Occupational First Aid is designed to follow the national guidelines of Occupational First Aid laid down by the Health & Safety Authority (HSA). There are 9 units covered in the course, which include:
- Unit 1 – First aid in the workplace
- Unit 2 – Patient assessment
- Unit 3 – Respiratory emergencies
- Unit 4 – Cardiac first response
- Unit 5 – Wounds and bleeding
- Unit 6 – Altered levels of consciousness
- Unit 7 – Musculoskeletal injuries
- Unit 8 – Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock
The course involves 3 Examinations –
- Theory 30%
- Skills Demonstration 1 – Basic Life Saving Skills 40%
- Skills Demonstration 2 – Other First Aid Skills 30%
Certification: Successful candidates will be issued with a Certificate from OFAAA (Occupational First Aid Assessment Agent) in Occupational First Aid.
Price: Call us now for a price on 05786-40505! We also offer discounted prices for large groups, please Contact Us to discuss your requirements!!
NOTE: Payment must be made in full or else deposit of 25% must be received before booking can be confirmed. If course is cancelled by Celtic Safety Training, a full refund is issued.For cancellation made by students within 5 days of course start date, no refund can be given. Cancellations made by the student more than 5 days before the course start date, 50% refund only. Deposits cannot be refunded.