QMS Standards Implementation
PQMS will also develop in-house Quality Control Systems with their client providing both professional support and training to ensure the client can carry out self audits and have the capability to generate tangible improvements to enhance their operations, this approach means the client controls their own Quality and purchases the database from PQMS.
This service enables the client to gain the much sought after internationally recognised standard. Many clients are now demanding this standard and the award will enable the client to differentiate it’s service from the competition, and enable business development in much wider geographic market areas if desired.
PQMS will support the client with the provision of skills, techniques, tools and processes to smooth the rapid transition towards accreditation. Supported by the Certification Company, it is possible to gain ISO:9001 within 12 months.
This investment will reap great rewards in the improvement of company processes, decreasing quality costs and driving up accountability and quality performance. All these will help to increase client perception, profit and improve longevity and business development opportunities.
- Environmental Standards Implementation
Environmental management system (EMS)
EMS deals with the management of an organisation’s environmental programs in a comprehensive, systematic, planned and documented manner. It includes the organisational structure, planning and resources for developing, implementing and maintaining policy for environmental protection.
An Environmental Management System (EMS):
- Serves as a tool to improve environmental performance
- Provides a systematic way of managing an organization’s environmental affairs
- Is the aspect of the organization’s overall management structure that addresses immediate and long-term impacts of its products, services and processes on the environment
- Gives order and consistency for organizations to address environmental concerns through the allocation of resources, assignment of responsibility and ongoing evaluation of practices, procedures and processes
- Focuses on continual improvement of the system
What is the EMS Model?
An EMS follows a Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle, or PDCA. The process also includes checking the system and acting on it. The model is continuous because an EMS is a process of continual improvement in which an organization is constantly reviewing and revising the system.
This is a model that can be used by a wide range of organizations — from manufacturing facilities to service industries to government agencies:
OHS Standards Implementation
PLAN – establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with the Organisation’s H&S Policy
DO – implement the process
CHECK – monitor and measure performance against OH&S policy, objectives, legal and other requirements, and report results
ACT – take actions to continually improve OH&S performance
What are some key elements of an EMS?
- Policy Statement – a statement of the organization’s commitment to the environment
- Identification of Significant Environmental Impacts – environmental attributes of products, activities and services and their effects on the environment
- Development of Objectives and Targets – environmental goals for the organization
- Implementation – plans to meet objectives and targets
- Training – instruction to ensure employees are aware and capable of fulfilling their environmental responsibilities
- Management Review
There are a range of benefits associated with operating an effective Environmental Management Systems (EMS):
- Cost savings through the reduction of waste and more efficient use of natural resources (electricity, water, gas and fuels.)
- Avoiding fines and penalties from not meeting environmental legislation by identifying environmental risks and addressing weaknesses.
- Reduction in insurance costs by demonstrating better risk management…
Operational and Internal
- Improved overall performance and efficiency.
- Able to monitor and reflect (audit) your businesss and see which areas need intervention
- Better public perception of the organization, leading to improved sales
- Reduction of the impact (e.g. noises, smells, dust) of your activities on the local residents, leading to more community support.
Celtic Safety Training Ltd Team will meet with you and/or your managers to carry out the Risk Assessment on your company, and will work with you to identify the areas which need clarification and will work with you to produce a Safety Statement specific to you and your company’s industry. Please Contact Us if you wish to discuss your needs regarding the above with a member of our team.